AD-Village (http://ad-village.com) is a hot new online advertising startup. It’s a fun place with a flexible team environment. The fast pace of development means you can show your friends and family what you accomplished last week. We are hiring for our offices in San Francisco and Milpitas, and you can do a portion of the work remotely.
PHP WEB APP DEVELOPER INTERN
The PHP Web App Developer position is part-time (minimum 10-20 hours per week). The position can be done remotely on flexible hours, offers stock options, and can potentially convert into a full-time position. You should be able to do some of the following and learn the rest:
• Create game-changing web applications using APIs and other tools
• Refine your technology skills under former Stanford Computer Science Associate, CTO Duc Haba
• Use PHP 5.X as a programming language, but a background in Java, Python, or even Ruby on Rails is fine
• Use or learn the following: MySQL, SQL, Apache, Eclipse with PDT (with PHP plugin)
• MVC (Model, View, Controller) framework, OO (object oriented) design
• Leverage your background in independent or freelance projects (send us hyperlinks to your previous work)
• Learn how to improve skills in unit, integration, and system testing
• Follow an extremely agile lifecycle model: we’re aiming for a maximum 3-day feedback loop turnaround
• Incorporate feedback from the business team directly into the code
• Self-starter and quick learner who works well both in a team and independently
• Strong and proactive leadership skills, and ability to prioritize
• Enthusiastic about the product and supports fellow team members
• Evangelize and promote AD-Village externally
• Attend or remotely dial into regular team meetings and additional relevant meetings
The ideal candidate will be able to show us what they are capable of, ideally as a contribution to an open-source project or some independent work.
For inquiries, please contact Juan at email@example.com.